Tuesday, June 22, 2010

barbed wire and black cats

The cedar tree by the house was really beautiful this evening (well, it looked like it has every other time I have seen it, but tonight it was really pretty to me).
Alyx & I decided to venture out this evening to see what we could see.
(I had been sitting home feeling sorry for myself because my arm hurt after my Tdap yesterday ... it really isn't that bad, I am just being a cry-baby.)
We decided to go for a drive up the canyons. We had a little visit with a horse. He wasn't as interested in us as he was the shrub on the other side of the fence.
He just ate leaves while we talked to him. We don't have a full moon tonight, but we had a beautiful clear sky so I took a picture...it was just posing for me. As we drove around I looked in the hills for a mountain lion, a coyote, a deer, a javalina, or anything, but didn't see anything more than quail and bunnies (who ran away before I could get focused).
I did get a picture of this barbed wire fence.
It just looked very 'Western' to me.
When we got back into town, we decided to drive by the cemetary to check to see if the graves need to be cleaned (and the answer is YES - the weeds are so tall) that may be a weekend project. We saw this black cat just hanging out on a grave. He was sitting on it when we got there then he laid down, but when we started walking over to him he started moving away...wonder if it is anyone important? It was the grave of a person born in 1880 and someone had recently brought flowers.

No comments: